Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today's Thought. By: C.C.

"Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer."
(St. Padre Pio)
Today I have chosen to share this short yet profound reminder about prayer and the way we are called by God to live void of worry. It is often challenging to truly let go and have faith in times when we feel overwhelmed, scared, afraid, or anxious. A dear friend of mine called last night in tears and panic about numerous medical tests she is currently under going. I can not imagine the intensity of emotions that plague her at this time. All I can offer her right now is comfort through faith and little reminders of God's unending love. I feel the only answer that seems to make sense is to continue to share the importance of prayer and trust in God throughout this time. Her phone call truly caught me off guard, and at the same time allowed me to quickly put things in to perspective. I am still seeking for the right words to share with her, the right Biblical passage, or comforting Saintly quote. Today I feel that the best thing I can offer her is a hug and support. I trust that the Lord is in control and will truly be by her through all of this. I pray that she will find comfort in the words of St. Padre Pio. Lord today I pray for all of those who are currently going through circumstances that lead them to feel anxious. Provide comfort to those who may be afraid in their dealings with health matters. Help guide care givers, friends, and loved ones to know the right words to say during these times. St. Luke I pray for your intercession to aid our Doctor's each day. Thank You Lord for the gift good health and for standing by us through our illnesses. May each of us be able to "Pray, Hope, and not worry". Amen (C.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment