Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"When you lose your peace and get nervous, it's like not listening to reason. At such times, one hears again the Master's words to Peter as he sank among the waves of his own nerves and lack of peace: "Why did you doubt?" (St. Josemaria Escriva)
To remain peaceful as the Lord calls us to requires full surrender and faithful trust in God. Indeed we are each human and battle with this daily. As situations, events, and stresses arise it may seem difficult to truly maintain peace within our souls. I often become frustrated with myself for allowing a lack of peace to enter my soul.....knowing that I belong to Him who longs for me to live with peace, joy, and serenity always. It is in these times that we must seek to hear the Master's words. Let us not get lost in the storms of our world and surroundings. May we constantly pray and ask the Lord to reveal Himself to us each day. May the peace of Christ be with you always. (C.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment