Recently I was greeted with a surprise nomination for a Liebster award from Stephanie who blogs at " I Found Him Whom My Soul Loves" . Besides having absolutely no idea what this was until she nominated me I was truly humbled to be considered on her list. Stephanie's blog is one that I have enjoyed following since I entered into the Catholic "blog world" in November of 2011. It is nice to journey through our faith and connect with others who are like minded. This post will be unlike the others that I write and I am hoping to take the time to highlight some other bloggers who have been truly inspirational to me. While the award calls for 9 nominees, like Stephanie I will keep things simple and choose 4.
Below I will respond to questions that Stephanie has asked and also create 11 more for my nominees. ( I am skipping the part of sharing 11 facts about me, because I feel that Steph's questions accomplish that)
Thanks again Stephanie! :)
1. What is your favorite city, state, or country you've ever been to and why?
- I am definitely torn between two cities that I love very much. The first one I will list is Boston, Ma. I have spent a lot of time there and one of the biggest highlights for me every time I visit is St. Clements Shrine on Boylston St. This parish has 24/7 Adoration and is full of reverence. I highly recommend popping in there if you are ever in that area for Mass or Adoration. The second city I absolutely love is Montreal. I came to love this city much more last year when I chaperoned a grade 7 student trip to the city. I came to learn on a walking tour through old Montreal that it was once called "Ville Marie"!! Now, when I heard this I knew it had to be none other than our Blessed Mother Mary! I asked the tour guide and this began a rather interesting dialogue- he was "agnostic" but, had many lovely Catholic historical facts to share with me as we continued the tour, as well as asking me some intense questions on faith..St. Joseph's Oratory where the heart of St. Andre Bessette rests is a very amazing place to visit also.
2. Who is your favorite musical artist or group?
- There are many I could list to answer this question, but I feel that it is simple to say Bruce Springsteen. Though my music taste is eclectic..Springsteen's music always makes me smile. I appreciate his honest and simplistic songwriting, oh, and he wears a Miraculous Medal which makes me wonder..........
3. What is your favorite Bible verse or passage?
- Wow! Stephanie, this is a rather difficult question. I would say that the first passage that comes to my mind is Proverb 31.
4. What is your favorite quote?
- There are too many to list, however, one that says it all is "Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry." (Padre Pio)
5. What is one of your pet peeves?
- Loud casual conversations in the Church.
6. What is most misunderstood about you?
- My faith
7. Who is your favorite Saint and why?
- Once again way too many to list..but, I will have to say that St. Teresa of Avila is one of my "top Saints". I enjoy her writing very much and her simple, yet profound way of sharing the depths of the Catholic faith.
8. What is the scariest or most adventurous thing you've ever done?
- The scariest thing I have done is probably going on a roller coaster. I have a huge fear of heights and this was by far the only thing that comes to my mind.
9. What is your favorite TV show from the '90s?
- I loved "Family Matters"
10. What is your favorite thing to cook? Feel free to include a recipe if you'd like!
- Favorite thing to cook- Anything Italian really, but, I have recently fallen in love with cooking vegetable stir fry.
11. What made you laugh the most this week?
- A student somehow got duck tape stuck to the back of his head. He has a lot of hair and was so nervous to take it off. I asked my coworker next door to help in the process. The three of us tackled the tape together..it was a funny moment.
Here are a list of my Nominees and also a series of questions for them to answer :)
1) Where do you find the most peace?
2) What is your favorite childhood memory?
3) Who is your favorite Saint?
4) What is your favorite book on Spirituality/Saints?
5) If you could visit one country where would you go?
6) Who is your biggest mentor?
7) Do you have a favorite prayer? Prayer time?
8) What is your favorite food?
9) What is most misunderstood about you?
10) If you could have coffee/tea with one person who would it be?
11) What is your pet peeve?
Thank you ladies for your writing and for taking the time to respond :) You are my Liebster Nominees!